Purchased a mattress set at full price in late July. Salesperson/Manager told me that Art Van offers a price matching policy so that if the items I bought go on sale within 2 months after purchase, they will refund me the price difference.

Mattress set went on sale a few weeks later at a discounted percentage.

I went to the store to reclaim and another employee entered a few things on the computer and said the refund will be automatically refunded to my credit card. This was in August.

A few weeks passed and nothing. I called the store and spoke with the Manager and he told me that there was nothing in the system indicating that I had come in to request a price adjustment. Apparently the employee in the store didn't enter anything in system after telling me he did. The Manager said he would refund the difference and send me the receipt.

He sent the receipt of a refunded amount, and I noticed that he had not refunded the correct amount owed. I called the store to have it fixed.

He gave me the runaround, saying that the price was higher now and that the refund was based on the highest price in their system, NOT on the full original non-sale price that I had paid. He then went on to say that he did me a "favor" and lowered the price for me when I bought the set because I really liked that particular mattress set. This is a lie. I paid the price that was listed on the price tag in store. He then said that even though I paid the full original price, the current price is higher and they are basing the refund difference on the higher price.

He then went on to say that that some customers don't remember the correct price of things when they shop. This is insulting and inappropriate, especially coming from the store manager. He said there was nothing he can do about it and he refused to issue the correct amount that is owed.

Wow. This is not what I would expect from Art Van staff, especially not from the Store Manager. They lost my trust and my future business. No one likes to be treated like this. I can spend my money elsewhere.

I asked to speak with the District Manager. The manager gave me a name and corporate's phone number. I called corporate and left a message. Another employee from Corporate called me back and I again, had to explain what happened, she said she will look into it and call me back. That was MORE than a week ago and I have not heard from her or from anyone at Art Van.

I called the customer service line just now and left another message. The employee who answered the call told me that the District Manager would call me back today (October 4, 2018). I will update this post to let you know what they do.

All I want is for them to honor what they promised me, which is when an item goes on sale after purchasing it, they refund the price difference. The mattress set I bought went on sale for 30% off, so I expect to be refunded 30% from the price I paid. Plus compensation for this hassle.

Comments