2.0
Style and Design

I decided to go in for the first time because a friend of mine just started working for them.The MINUTE I walked in I was bombarded bye a sales guy.

He followed us EVERYWHERE we walked. I told him that I didn't need his help. I was looking at leather couches and chairs asked another guy a question and the first guy inturupted. Now I understand sales very well and they DO make commission their, but when I say no thanks LEAVE ME ALONE!!

My friend walked bye and told her what I was looking at so far. Then we made our way over to bedroom furniture. I found what I wanted and was happy (mind you I am VERY picky) after looking forever. I told her we wanted ALL of what we looked at.

So, where talking over $15,000.00 cash, no financing. Then she proceedes to tell me she has to SPLIT the commission with the guy because he said hi to us!!! I said "you have to be kidding me. The ONLY reason I came in here is because of you" I would have NEVER walked in the place of it wasn't for her.

Needless to say I walked out pissed off, my friend didn't get the sale or commission and they lost a pretty good sale. Needless to say I will NEVER go back into that place!!

POOR WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!!I wasn't in the place to buy a used car!!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Art Van Furniture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Art Van Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Art Van Furniture to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Art Van Furniture?

Comments

Flushing, Michigan, United States #1291421

Terrible analogy depicting it to car sales.As it is a competitive based career and customer satisfaction oriented field now a days to fuel volume to generate where very squeemish commissions exist to make a living.

As the internet age moves on, competitors post bogus reviews, and a few bad seeds do fall thru the woodworks and get hired by a very reputable company. But, there is absolutely a very good reason that that person is no longer employed there. Please understand that the sales profession now a days is highly regarded, and a negative mantra image from many moons ago when consumers weren't educated no longer exists, except for a certain few that still maintain that belief. Pay structures are mainly based off volume sold, and not individual deals.

Most companies pay off of plateau bonuses.To gain heightened client relationship and awareness.

Being that you can spell and "understand sales so well" you probably should have asked the person who greeted you for your friend. If you had said "I'm here to see my friend" everyone would have had a much better life. The man who said hi would have left you alone and been able to help another guest, your friend would have gotten your sale and you would have enjoyed a house full of new furniture!