Resolved
3.6
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 03

We purchased yesterday in your Chesterfeild Michigan store and spent a lot on furniture for our family room.Sam the sales gentleman was fine during purchase we paid for our purchase and did not finance.

We also got warranty on our furniture. The wait for delivery was to long so made multiple trips to picknit up. First frustration compared to the competition. We get the three pieces home, unpack one by one the last piece was a recliner chair.

It has a major defect in the fabric. We called talked to manager who said he would exchange... that's fine but is making us repack this chair drive the chair back and then have to get the new chair up the stairs of our home again. He became annoyed when I questioned why it could not be delivered as it was the stores fault for delivering a faulty item.

I told him we were not happy to have to do all this because of an issue that is not our fault. He became loud and unprofessional. My husband called back and spoke with our sals guy and said we bought a warranty and was told the store would come out and fix issues with he product but not this problem.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AT THIS STORE.The product and service are not worth it.

Original review posted by user Jan 02

I told him we were not happy to have to do all this because of an issue that is not our fault. He became loud and unprofessional. My husband called back and spoke with our sals guy and said we bought a warranty and was told the store would come out and fix issues with the product but not this problem.

Review about: Art Van Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Art Van Furniture?

Comments

Actually, your warranty doesn't cover them coming out and replacing it.Your warranty is a service and repair warranty.

Shipping is not covered under any warranty.The manager "agreed" because you were being a pain in the ***.

to Lisa Caldwell 1234 #1330410

Your ignorant comment is uncalled for. I had every right to be unsatissfied BUT as stated things were solved and BOTH parties were satisfied. Have a better day.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #1264957

If you picked the item up yourself and did not pay for their delivery service, they are under no obligation to transport the new one to you.Delivery is a service they offer, at a charge.

If you were to purchase a furniture item at Target, Walmart, or Meijer and discovered a defect after getting it home, you would have to do the same thing (Pack it up and bring it back). They are no different. Delivery is a service they offer at a charge. You can take it or leave it.

You should always inspect your product before taking it.

If you had paid for delivery, they would have came back and exchanged it.

to Anonymous #1264971

We were given a boxed item that was loaded into our vehicle.The item should be examined before sale by company to a consumer.

We also purchased a warranty. We were told by store the warranty covered all issues with the chair and we were told the company would send someone to our home and fix the product as many times as needed for the year. So even though we did not pay delivery we paid for a product that was sold defective and we also purchased a warranty that we were told they would come to our home and resolve. As a customer I would expect to get a product in perfect condition and also a warranty that is useful.

It was also a lot to do with how I was spoke. To by the manager when voicing my concerns.

I should be able to purchase a chair brand new in box and not have to worry about it having a major flaw.A company should make it right and not speak poorly to a customer upon voicing this complaint.

to Crd Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #1268755

I'm not saying they shouldn't correct the problem, which it sounds like they were doing by offering you a new chair.I'm saying it isn't their responsibility to deliver it to you.

You chose to pick it up, probably to save on cost which is fine, but you assume responsibility when you do that. If I were picking a furniture item up in a box, I would definitely ask to have it opened so I can inspect it first, just like I did with the television I purchased at Best buy.

Not only did I have them open it, I had them plug it in to make sure it worked.

to Anonymous #1268758

Actually we choose to pick up because there was no delivery in the near future nor because of costs.Second we bought a warranty package that should have covered them coming out and replacing the chair.

As many times in the year we needed.

We have since talked to the store manager who confirmed and agreed with us.He did make it right and in turn we are very satisfied.

to Anonymous #1265092

Also would like to point out I did buy furniture from target...table set.

Got it home and there was a chunk out of the wood.

I called the store to see what my options were the manager at target in Chesterfeild offered a new product to be delivered for free for the trouble.So that is customer service at its best.