Art Van Furniture - Cheap Quality, Deceptive Advertising

431 of 441 Art Van Furniture reviews

I bought a table and chairs from the Mission Hills Collection that were described as;

Construction: Constructed using veneers over wood and select solids.

The select solids turn out to be plastic! All the trim on the set is plastic that scratches easily and shows white against the dark oak set color. I called corporate and set up an in home visit from their repair people. They said it was a cheap set, what do I expect! I was told I should have shopped at Gormans if I wanted quality. I called back to corporate and was told that they will not take the set back as it is over the 30 day return period. I can pay to have the plastic repainted or they will give me 15% off a new dinning set. This is crappy service. I'll take my money elsewhere.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
431 of 441 Art Van Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Archie Van

Mar 30, 2011 #267483

Wow, you would think that Art Van employees have better things to do than post on here. Get back to work! If they sold the table as veneers over hardwood, then the customer was right to complain. Gorman's actually DOES sell good furniture. Good, as in, it really IS made out of wood, not cardboard and resin. It is up to the consumer, in the end, to become educated on the products they are purchasing.

Archie Van

Mar 30, 2011 #267482

Detroit_Tim

Jan 19, 2010 #105771

I contacted the Better Business Bureau after posting here. Art Van just called and will now give me full credit for price of the old set and 15% off a new set. Thanks BBB.

BS

Jan 14, 2010 #104361

Thats what you do with furniture . .see how easily it scratches. What are you doing to your furniture to scratch it? I know, another bored Gormans sales associate with no customers. Gormans sells the same thing at 3 times the price. If you paid that, you would take better care of the product.

What a story . . .

Jan 14, 2010 #104356

Can't wait for the movie. You would tink Gormans sales associates would have something better to do . . oh wait . .without customers this is all they have to do.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.