1.6
Style and Design

My leather sofa set was delivered on December 20th. The furniture looked fine.

Within weeks, there was a very small peel or crack on the sofa. I called the Service Deoartment and he said he coukd take care of that. A week later, I moved the sofa to dust behind it. I found a two inch scrape on the back of the sofa.

I thought, I better check the chair. Well, the nylon lining under the chair was torn. Again I called Art Van and talked to a store manager. He told me it was up to Service to look at it and decide if I could reselect new furniture as the terms and agreement said on the contract.

The service technician came out and sewed the nylon lining of the chair. He took a picture of the two inch scrape on the sofa. He told me it would take 24 hours for the report. I waited, then called the salesman I purchased it from.

He told me they had discontinued the sofa set. Told me I would have to wait for service to make a decision. I got in contact with service. They scheduled an appointment to come out.

Service came out and said he can take care if it. I asked him what he was going ti do. He said spray it. He took a can of spray paint and spray painted over the scrape.

I was shocked and disappointed that they would spray paint a $1,700 leather sofa set. I then found a chip or peel on the middle cushion. I reported that to service as well. One service tech refused to repair it.

The service tech came today to take yet another picture of the spray painted sofa. I told him I was not happy with the repair. He let me talk to his manager. The manager told me there was nothing he could do, since I did not report it within the first 30 days.

I showed him the crack on the middle cushion. He tried to tell me it was a cut. I was stunned. I told him I just sit on the sofa.

I made a comment about Art Van and he just left. I called service to let them know he just left. He told them I asked him ti leave. That was a lie, I never asked him to leave.

So now, they are sending out another technician next week to repair the crack. I still have no resolution to my satisfaction. I spent $1,700 for a defective and repaired sofa set. I will never purchase furniture from Art Van again.

They are unethical and do not abide by their contract.

They do not care about the customer, only the sale. I have let family and friends know of my exoerience with Art Van.

Review about: Art Van Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments