1.9
Style and Design

We purchased a sectional manufactured by Art Van Furniture. It is their own brand Detroit Sofa Co.

It is awful. All the cushions are off and move around. You sink in and so many gaps when you sit. I valled and had a service guy come out within 2 weeks for receiving the sectional.

He was worthless and just said they wont replace the cushions because of that. I wish i would have purchsed from Gotmans it was the same price.

I liked: Story i was told.

I didn't like: Product quality.

Comments

I love my Detroit sofa and it still looks brand new even a year later

I had the exact same experience with my Detroit Sofa Company sectional purchased from Art Van. The support under the cushions gave way within 6 months and I had to place plywood underneath to keep things propped up.

All the cushions slide around and the bottom cushions slide out so badly they pop off the front of the sofa. I ended up sewing straps onto the cushions and thread them thru metal braces I attached to the inside back of the sofa to keep the cushions in place which helps but now the sofa material is stretching and the cushions are moving forward again. The back cushions are filled with sofa cheap batting and crumple when leaned on. Do not buy this sofa.

I have had it 1.5 years and am looking to replace already. The only good thing on the sofa is the material which has been very durable.

I was thinking of going with this brand. Now I think not.

I don’t know what brand has good quality anymore. I give up.

Maybe I’ll just start buying antiques. Quality was better back in the day