Style and Design

We purchased a sofa, two loveseats and a double recliner from Art Van on April 8th. The sofa was a special order fabric, so it took until June 2 to receive our furniture.

The swatch of fabric for the sofa looked fine in the showroom, and it was a small sample. But on the couch, when looking at it from different angles, it looks "faded" and "worn". I know this is not the case, but if a salesperson at the store would have mentioned this, I would have chosen a different pattern. The swatch gave no indication that the design would look like this!

No matter where I place it in the room, it looks bad...like an old couch rather than a new one. I'm sure it's the texture of the fabric, but that should be considered when offfering it as a choice. A friend actually asked when our NEW couch would be delivered...I was so embarassed. I sent a letter to the store where purchased, and asked to be contacted.

I told them I would be happy to show them if they wanted to come to my home. However, they didn't have the courtesy to get in touch with me. After spending almost $4,500 on new furniture, I am very disappointed about the whole experience.

Here are some pictures. Thank you.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 30.

Comments