1.7

My rocking, recliner chair began leaning and would not operate smoothly. I disassembled the rocking assembly and discovered the weight bearing rocker pieces are made of pressed fiberboard....not solid wood!

I replaced them with real wood and the chair now functions again. The left photo shows one of the broken fiberboard rocker pieces; the right photo shows the real wood replacement rocker I made and installed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Art Van Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

How is that Art Van's fault? They didn't make the chair. Btw, if you had a warranty, you voided it by replacing the pieces.

to Gee Gee #1573879

It was already out of warranty. It is Art Van's responsibility because they are contracting with the manufacturer who builds the recliner.

Had Art Van corporate buyers insisted that durable components... especially for parts that receive the most stress ( in this case, rocker components to be made of solid wood instead of cheaper pressed fiberboard) then there would not be an issue with crumbling of the rocker assembly.

SnowWanderer

Who wrote that my review is from an opinion by 'Worst Pigeon' reference a review I just added to your site? I never named my profile Worst Pigeon.