3.1
Style and Design

FRAUD I came to write a complaining review but seeing the stars I don't think it even matters.I should have checked Yelp before.

Anyway I got to share my experience hoping to help someone else to make a better decision. So! About 3 months ago i purchased some furniture for my first home. Things went ok for most part.

There was a little pressure and push to buy but it was something to be expected. So we bought the furniture and delivery was on time and professional. Among the things we purchased there was a mattress, which costed more than my first car. The sales guy told us that there was a Satisfaction plan where you pay $ 150 and will be given to you if you don't return the bad within 90 days.

In case you return it, the company keeps the money for recycling expenses and so on. I though this was a fair offer so i paid the extra $ 150. The money was sent as a gift card usable only at the Art Van. The card also had expiration date for like a month or two.

Unfortunately I lost the card while organizing the place. Anyway i needed to buy new couches and couple lamps. So i called the company. They said they could do nothing and I should call the store.

The store said they could do nothing. So I went at the Art Van store in Elston. The rep told me that they could do nothing without a physical card and i needed to call the company. I called the company and they finally found all my information and made a note in the system that i have $ 149.99 credit.

They gave me the invoice number. So i got the invoice went to the rep and she told me that she still could not do anything due to store policy. So I asked for a manager. This is where things got interesting.

The manager was already sitting on the other side of the counter.I wish some one checks the video because it was unbelievable. Or maybe as manager i am obsessed with this things. The manager doesn't stand and come over and be like. "Hi how may i help you?".

Instead while talking if front of the whole store he is trying to figure out the situation. It was one of the most unprofessional things i have see. Maybe he was the laziest manger i have seen. Anyway he refuses to give me my $ 150.

Even though i was going to use it in his store and buy more stuff. All this happened while i was on the phone with the central office rep for Art Van. She was like sorry if it is up to the store manager to give you the credit back. I am like ok can you help me.

Sorry we cannot do anything. Now i understand that it was my fault for loosing the card. But this things happen. First i don't like the fact that Art Van gives me my money back with all kids of conditions.

Specific Card, specific time frame. Even AT&T gives you a visa card for spending a lot less. Anyway, If i lose my Dunkin Donuts card, my Panera card and so on and so forth. They have a system where it will show your balance and you get a new one and life goes on.

I cannot believe that a place where i spend literally thousands cannot help with get back my $150. I cannot believe their system and their low trained management. But seeing the Yelp reviews i guess there is no management and accountability in the company. I feel almost sorry for shareholder and investors.

They spend probably more than $ 150 to generate traffic and per costumer in marketing. on the other hand they have a management who losses a customer while sitting on his chair doing more important things.Furniture business is becoming more cu throat every day. You see companies spending millions in Marketing. I was saw that happening with my company i would lose my sh*t.

I am 28 and this was my first place. Not only Art Van lost a life long client but the also lost a referral point. I wish I was this company's executive.

They can keep my $ 150.At least now it is easier for me to make a decision where i will buy my furniture.

Review about: Art Van Furniture Gift Card.

I didn't like: Poor.

Had an Experience with Art Van Furniture?

Comments