I purchased a sofa from Art Van in 2010.It was manufactured by Global Furniture and I have purchased several items from Art Van down through the years and I have never had a problem.

I noticed two weeks ago the leather was peeling in a spot on the sofa. I contacted Art Van to see what could be done. I talked to a customer service representative that told me I had a warranty for leather protection. She asked if I used the leather protection because my warranty would not be effective if the leather cleaner was not used.

I told her that when I purchased the sofa I was not told to use protection on the sofa. She instructed me to contact Global and I did. They referred me back to Art Van because I purchased it from ArT Van. I was disgruntled at this time because she knew when she told me to contact Global they would do nothing.

I called Art Van back and spoke to the same representative. I told her that if I was told to apply cleaner I would and I was not sold a cleaner kit with the sofa. I also told her that they sold me a kit for my bedroom furniture at the time of purchase so why was I not sold one for the sofa. It was not my fault I was not informed.

It was a dead end speaking to her because she was rude and was trying to hang up. I asked to speak to a manager. When the manager came to the phone, she was just as rude. I told her that when a consumer purchases an item, they do not know the policy and it would be a lack of training on the sales associate who should make the customer aware.

I asked her to return my money for the warranty and she said she could not. I asked her where was my money because I could not utilize my warranty, I needed my money returned. I have never had a problem with this sofa until the peeling. I told her that she would rather lose a customer than send a repairman out to look at the couch.

I told her that without customers there is no business. She was rude and not helpful. Finally, she agreed to send out a repairman. On March 14, 2015 the repairman came to my home and inspected the sofa.

He told me the seat would need replacing. He could also tell that the sofa had not been used a lot because it is in mint condition. It was not due to wear and tear because I do not sit on this sofa a lot. He told me I could call the next day to get the results.

I called today and spoke with Trish who told me there was nothing Art Van can do . I am emailing this letter because I am upset at the treatment I have received from Art Van. I am not asking for a new sofa, I am asking for the sofa to be repaired. I have a warranty for leather protection.

I paid 100.00 for this warranty for situations like this. I should be able to take advantage of my warranty that I paid for. I bought leather chairs for my dining room table and they sold me a kit. I would have bought one for this sofa if I been instructed.

I thought all I needed was the warranty. I would like for a representative to contact me concerning this matter. There is no statement on my receipt stating about using leather protection. I would like this matter resolved because this is unfair practices to the consumer.

I have always loved Art Van and told friends and family to shop there, however, my views have changed since this awful experience. I should not have to have a confrontation with a manager and customer service representative about service and how they made me feel as if I was a liar about the salesman not properly informing me.

My name is Angela Gaffney and my phone number 313-207-6135.I would also like the district manager's name because I don't want anyone to feel how I felt that day on the phone with your employees.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Art Van Furniture. The most disappointing about art van furniture sofa from Art Van Furniture was customer service, customer experience and warranty promise Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Art Van Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Art Van Furniture to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Art Van Furniture?

Comments

Ours did the same thing we have the same furniture and it fell apart right away.They eventually replaced our sofa and love seat.

Then they started peeling now we are dealing with them still and they only want to give us a little over $600 .Which won't buy us a sofa like this :( we even bought the warranty and used their leather cleaning like they said .

They first said the warranty won't cover peeling.

False advertisement here with art van.

Very rude customer service .Art van don't honor their warranty Grand Rapids Michigan alpine Ave art van

+1 (313) 207-6135 This phone number keeps calling my phone and they do not leave a message. I am not sure what is going it I really like for this number to stop contacting me.

#1120458

I had the same problem with my Italian leather furniture

Columbia, Maryland, United States #964277

It would not have mattered if you had purchased the leather care pkg.they have a shtick (song and dance) for that too.

What I mean: I purchased a dinning room set as well as their wood care package in order to have the warranty. 3 months later, the finish started to chip and peal off. When Icontacted Art Van, they sent a"repair" technician to my home. He determined that I was not eligable for the warranty due to water damage.

I used their product AS DIRECTED to clean the table. There was no way this was water damage! The "repair" tech told me to use a marker and color in the spots where the veneer had peeled up. I called customer service and told them as much.

They offered to sell me a new tabletop.

So much for Art Van's warranty!I understand that in life you get what you pay for in terms of quality, however dont sell me a warranty on junk if you have no intention of honoring it!

Flint, Michigan, United States #961909

I bought a bed frame from Art Van sleep on it for two weeks and it fell apart while I was sleeping on it and I ended up on the floor I WEIGH 140 POUNDS the bed should not have broken. Then I bought a leather sectional that peeled and sags in one corner I complained and they didn't honor their warranty. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ART VAN AND I TELL ALL MY FRIENDS NOT TO EITHER.

to Katie Livonia, Michigan, United States #962099

That's right!They are full of it!

I am still going to write a letter to the CEO! He should know about the people the poor customer service.

I told the customer service rep without the customers there is no ART VAN.I don't care how long they have been in business!

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #960017

I bought a leather couch from them and was supposed to be given a leather care kit.I wasn't and I read something about the warranty a few days later stating that it would void my warranty without the care protection, etc.

I went back to the store and eventually got one (even though they questioned me because they said the sales person should have given me one). This was only one part of a very bad experience. Funnily, on my way out, I was told that I could come back and get a refill/replacement any time.

I couldn't believe they questioned my integrity with that supposed policy.