Back to the Art Van story about their warrantee, or lack of it. They agreed to negotiate with me but I had to take down my posts on Facebook first, which I did. I took the position with them that they sold me these chairs and warrantees based on the fact that they were leather. Turns out they were not leather but polyurethane. Shouldn't they have sold me a polyurethane warrantee? They even sold me a "leather protection kit" ,what they sold me wasn't leather. WTF! At this point my chairs are toast and Art Van has refused to honor both warranties. ($250) One was a 5 year full product defect warrantee which should cover the broken down chair arms. (very boney) and the other the 10 year full leather protection warrantee. LOL. These chairs will be 2 years old in April. Bottom line is that I am headed to court with this dishonest company as I don't care what it costs. If you choose to buy a product from Art Van I wouldn't suggest buying the warrantee as they seem to deny the claims based on the fact that you didn't report it to them within 5 days (Arbitrary). This is only information contained online and not shown to you when you purchase it. I asked for a full refund ($250) on the warranties and $100 each for the chairs as they will be thrown out. They offered me a $300 store credit (Woop-tee-do) so I told them I would not except anything less than honoring the warrantee to repair them or replacing the chairs. Can't wait to explain it to a judge. Going for the max allowed in small claims. Have many hours in court as a police officer.
Please share this so we can get the word out about Art Van.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "Ordered a beautiful dress, white strapless with watercolor print, what I received was horrible, cheapest cotton fabric ever, the stitching was horrible, the bust was a total mess, the pads..."
- "My Husband bought me a Natural Emerald ring with diamonds and matching necklace from Jared in Novi MI, spent a lot of them. Took it in to be check at..."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."