1.5
Style and Design

I have had multiple phone calls to the ArtVan Sales lines for online orders & then to the store in Comstock Park after purchasing furniture online that couldn't fit into my home on October 18, 2017 I had gone with a good friend of mine to look at living room furniture.I am disabled & told the salesman Kelvin I am on a fixed income.

I was led to believe I had the best deal with a discount of 15% & walking out with my new furniture that was even lower than the initial one I bought on the online department for the clearance. Kelvin told me the cost was $926.13 & I had 20 months of 0%APR. My clearance bedroom set was $999.99 x .06% sales tax totaling $1059.99 if you want to round it up. I was led to believe I was paying under $2000 in fact for everything.

See shipping was taken off because the first two guys I had were incredible & never once damaged anything. The next ones to deliver, delivered in the rain. Tried to leave a "damp" ottoman here & removed a mason silt love seat forcing it out my door not only damaging it, but damaging the outside walls. I called to complain.

Next thing I know I have my doorbell being rung & I go to open the door & here are the two worst delivery guys that had just been gone about 15 minutes busting their way up my stairs & into my home. One said, "They had the *** storm roll down on them & they didn't think there was a problem." Seriously I wanted them out of my home before they caused any more damage as they did to my sofa & leaving a soaked ottoman & telling me I have stain protection. I get a call the next day from their supervisor making it seem as though they are possibly being fired for swearing, etc & being completely unprofessional. This is when I was reimbursed the shipping fee.

I'm told to have my maintenance guys tell them how much it is & ArtVan would pay for it. Well here I am on the phone with ArtVan multiple times only to finally realize I had the biggest scam artist for a salesman taking the love seat & applying the cost of one of my new pieces of living room furniture to the other 6 months APR bringing my total up over $1500 for what looks like the bedroom furniture. Ahhh but I just got more screwed than the cancer that forced me to have a severe disability by Kelvin telling me my total cost was $923.16 & I somehow in his deception was charged a restocking fee. I had hugged Kelvin so many times believing he just gave me the best deal being on a fixed income & not forcing me into something I couldn't pay.

My friend was there the whole time witnessing this encounter & the transaction happening. My total bill is well over $2500 & maybe that's not a lot to some people but when you find yourself at a young age disabled & have to live off barely anything with a service dog & you have somebody that just dangled the bone & it was bait& you take it believing everything put in front of you not knowing what he really just pulled on his end because you can't see it, it is complete deception. I couldn't be more pissed & disgusted with ArtVan & all the major bs I have dealt with in the last couple of weeks.

All the people from Andrew online, to Joe the Supervisor of Shipping & Kelvin, to Whisper & Amy yesterday who caught the restocking fee & then today me finding out from their credit card with Synchrony Bank Kelvin made it so the other part of the furniture instead of being about $1060 for 6 months APR is not well over $1500 to be paid in less than 6 months.I'm putting this over to the Better Business Bureau along with the Attorney General's Office in Michigan because you can't lie to people like you have & do the dirty work under the table & scam someone that is on a very low fixed income, nor should you have scammed anyone.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments