1.6
Style and Design

We purchased the Hancock table and chairs w the extended warranty as the salesman told us it would protect us against scratches, etc. I absolutely loved the distressed farmhouse look and was overly excited to get a new table. The only drawback is that We have small children so we weren’t sure on purchasing but being we have previously used Carson’s warranty with great success, we decided to go for it.

We don’t get new things often and I wanted to be sure it was in tip top heave so I kept it protected and clean. I was so paranoid about damage, my toddler used his folding table and chairs from Costco for eating and activities.

A couple months down the road We hosted a party. Nothing hot was placed on the table but some cups, etc.

literally, anything spilled was cleaned up but the table still has water marks and damage. It is a family dining room table and should be durable enough to handle people eating on it so we thought there must be something wrong with the finish. Has to be. No way a $900 table would be absolute garbage. I didn’t notice any issues prior because we seriously never used it.

I Called the warranty company who told us that nothing was covered except manuf defects. That was shocking considering the salesman sold us on the premise it would be repaired if damaged but that wasn’t even the situation here. We knew there is something wrong with a kitchen table that is chipping and marking from eating dinner. I wasn’t concerned because I was meticulous about keeping the table safe w cloth cover and placemats outside of it not being used for day to day meals.

They sent the furniture tech out who reported back to them that the table had HEAT and water damage.

Nothing hot has ever touched this table. EVER. I was floored and also upset we just wasted $1000 on a table I hoped would last us a long time.

I understand it’s my fault for not further looking into the warranty but the salesman blatantly lied. Then to be denied repair/replacement for a junk table is infuriating. Anything touches this thing and it chips or peels. Who doesn’t use a dining room table????

I share our situation so others on the fence can potentially avoid this.

What’s even more upsetting is that We couldn’t decide between this table and another one at another store. The other was half the price but we went with artvan because of the warranty protection the salesman told us about. To us it was worth the option for long term use.

What a scam. $900 to a lot of people isn’t a ton of money but to us it is. Now I have a table that looks like junk and was supposed to be our upcoming holidays centerpiece for hosting.

Product or Service Mentioned: Art Van Furniture Hancock Park Dining Table.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments