Ordered a couch in late September was told it wouldn't be available until the middle of October - I was ok with that.On November 3rd I called the store where I purchased the couch to ask if the couch was in because I hadn't received a call.

I was told that the couch wouldn't be in until the end of November and I should have received a call from my salesperson regarding the update 2 weeks ago - in true Art Van form I did not. I spoke with the salesperson that sold me the couch and said that the non-communication has really put me in a bind and asked if I could have some sort of compensation like free or discounted delivery (the person that had a truck that was going to help was no longer going to be around) without any hesitation the salesperson said, "We can't do that" (wasn't sure who the "we" was maybe they carry mice in their pockets) the salesperson gave no other offerings - like "I apologize for my inattention to the customer that pays for my bread and butter". I told him without any hesitation, "I can't give you the sale, cancel my order". I suppose that this salesperson makes so much money that my $600 couch didn't make a big difference.

I have shopped at Art Van exactly three times since 1995 and each time I give them another chance there is always something that goes wrong and it isn't me.

Maybe it is me and Art Van is telling me they don't like me and to stop shopping there.Well, no worries I won't be.

Reason of review: Poor customer service and problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Selection.

I didn't like: Delivery cost and policy.

Comments