Art Van Furniture - Worked for this demon of a company
I wish the past two years of my life could have been spent doing things more beneficial for this planet.However, I fell under the spell of corporate leadership and was essentially there to get as much money from each person who walked through the door as possible and recognize my employees for deceiving customers with overcharging and not including the facts of their financing offers.
When I discovered senior management in my store "cooking the books" (basically discounting items to include the price of warranties and other high margin accessories" so we could receive a bonus at the end of the month, I reported the incident to my HR department. Afterwards, I was subjected to retaliation and discharged from my position less than two weeks later. I was terminated over the phone. Who does that?
Being in management for twelve years I never discontinued anyones employment in that manner. My advice, never shop here.
Local furniture businesses can benefit more from your service and you will get a product not shipped in from China.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ex Employee Review
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "purchased in 2011 for 1400.00 was not offered or told about the 5 year warranty only on finish. Headboard frame coming apart - have to pay a there service..."
- "We purchased a special order leather sectional including all available service/protection plans on 11/05/13 in the amount of $3,215.01. We took delivery 3/14 but the corner section was wrong..."
- "JUST A CONTINUATION FROM MY FIRST WRITTEN COMPLAINT. I MADE A VIDEO GIVING YOU MORE DETAILS OF THIS INCIDENT. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME. I WILL ALSO SEND PICTURES OF MY WORK,..."
- "I was quoted $130.88 for my auto insurance plus 9.58 for renters insurance and was charged an average of $167 every month for 3 months. Every time they said that..."
- "I purchased a Stouffers baked chicken breast today, cooked it, took out of oven, removed cover. It looked terrible, tiny piece of chicken, very little potatoes that were runny..."
- "My husband and I bought a queen mattress set for $699.00. Jinie asked if we wanted to do the 0% interest for 6 months. We agreed. 10 minutes..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."