Art Van Furniture - Worked for this demon of a company
I wish the past two years of my life could have been spent doing things more beneficial for this planet.However, I fell under the spell of corporate leadership and was essentially there to get as much money from each person who walked through the door as possible and recognize my employees for deceiving customers with overcharging and not including the facts of their financing offers.
When I discovered senior management in my store "cooking the books" (basically discounting items to include the price of warranties and other high margin accessories" so we could receive a bonus at the end of the month, I reported the incident to my HR department. Afterwards, I was subjected to retaliation and discharged from my position less than two weeks later. I was terminated over the phone. Who does that?
Being in management for twelve years I never discontinued anyones employment in that manner. My advice, never shop here.
Local furniture businesses can benefit more from your service and you will get a product not shipped in from China.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ex Employee Review
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I worked for renter perks for 5 months during this time I realized the company was ripping off small businesses and firing employees and not paying them the money they..."
- "I actually work at portrait innovations in tn and I agree. They are a horrible corporate run money sucking company that doesn't care about you or your family or their..."
- "I am on my 3rd set from Art Van. First set couldnt be fixed and was horribly made. Went back in and spent over $1000 to get an all leather..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "My husband and I bought a queen mattress set for $699.00. Jinie asked if we wanted to do the 0% interest for 6 months. We agreed. 10 minutes..."
- "I purchased a Stouffers baked chicken breast today, cooked it, took out of oven, removed cover. It looked terrible, tiny piece of chicken, very little potatoes that were runny..."
- "I was quoted $130.88 for my auto insurance plus 9.58 for renters insurance and was charged an average of $167 every month for 3 months. Every time they said that..."